Bixby’s First Baptist Church has begun a 15 Week Prayer Initiative titled “Praying God’s Heart” following the 15 Points to Empower Personal and Church-Wide Prayer by Dr. Gregory Frizzell, Prayer Specialist of the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma. Each week focuses on specific prayer points and scripture passages designed to lift up and support the efforts of Sunday School (Small Groups) at FBC Bixby.
As the church body unifies in seeking the LORD’s hand, blessings, and guidance for Sunday School and church growth, every participant is sure to know the very heart of God and strengthen their personal and corporate prayer.
The Prayer Initiative will culminate on August 9th with Dr. Frizzell leading in corporate worship in the morning services at FBC Bixby. Join with us in Praying God’s Heart.
/// 15 Prayer Points to Empower Personal and Church-Wide Prayer
1. Plead for God’s merciful grace on the nation and many churches that have strayed far from His paths.
(2 Chron 7:14; Neh 1:4-9; Psalm 85:4-7; Lam 3:22; Dan 9:18-19; Heb 4:16; James 4:8-10; 1 Pet 4:17)
2. Pray for deep brokenness, humility, Godly fear and repentance to sweep God’s people.
(Lev 10:3; Psalm 51:17; Prov 28:13; John 14:15; 2Cor 7:1, 10; Eph 5:26-27)
3. Seek an explosion of fervent love, powerful faith and corporate prayer.
(Jer 29:13; Matt 5:6, 21:13, 22:37-39; Acts 2:1 Phil 2:13; James 5:16)
4. Plead for God’s manifest presence and a mighty outpouring of His Spirit.
(Ex 33:15; 1Kings 8:11; Zech 4:6; Acts 1:8, 4:31)
5. Ask for boldness, holiness, power and Scripture focus in church leaders.
(1Tim 3:1-2; 2Tim 1:6-7; 1Cor 2:4)
6. Cry out for loving unity in churches, denominations and families.
(John 13:34-35; 15:12; 17:20-22; Acts 2:1, 42-47; 1 Cor 1:10)
7. Pray for a burning passion for evangelism and an explosion of missions.
(Matt 18:12, 24:14, 28:14; Luke 19:10; Acts 1:8; Rom 5:5, 9:1-3)
8. Ask God for increased laborers and global harvest.
(Matt 9:37-38; Acts 1:8; 1 Tim 2:1-4)
9. Pray for persecuted saints and gospel advancement in lands of darkness.
(Psalm 144:1-15; 1Peter 4:1-2; Eph 6:18-20; 2Cor 4:4, 10:3-5)
10. Pray for selfless motives and willingness to suffer for Christ.
(Matt 6:33; Acts 5:41; Phil 3:10; Heb 4:12; James 4:1-4)
11. Cry out for salvation and wisdom to come to government, religious and cultural leaders.
(Psalm 2:8; 1Tim 2:1-4)
12. Ask for an explosion of deeper worship in spirit and truth.
(Psalm 29:2; Isaiah 1:12-17; Amos 5:23-24; John 4:23)
13. Pray for hearts prepared to seek God even if as a remnant in a land under judgment.
(Jer 45:5; Hosea 10:12; Matt 10:16-26, 26:39; Acts 5:29; Romans 8:18; Phil 3:10; James 4:1-4)
14. Plead for God to rend the heavens in sweeping revival and to give us the nations in spiritual awakening.
(Psalm 2:8, 72:11; Isaiah 64:1; Acts 2:1-2, 4:30-31; Eph 5:26-27; Rev 22:17,20)
15. Pray for Christ’s swift return, His Kingdom to come and His glory to fill the Earth.
(Psalm 42:1; Matt 6:10; Rev 22:17-20)
Author: Shirley Pittenger
Shirley Pittenger was the Executive Assistant, Office Manager, and Digital Communications & Social Media Manager at Bixby’s First Baptist Church from 2009 to 2017. Shirley is married to Bob Pittenger who is the Community Groups Pastor at the Church at Battlecreek in the Tulsa Metro area. Shirley holds a Bachelor of Music degree from the Baptist College of Florida. She enjoys teaching in the youth group, singing, reading, studying God’s Word, and spending time with her family.